Creamy White Sauce Cauliflower Pasta Recipe: This creamy cauliflower pasta is a deliciously nutritious take on traditional pasta with white sauce. Even vegan spaghetti can be made of it by omitting cheese and milk. This delicious treat is simple to create even for beginners. Serve it with garlic bread, of course.
- 400 gms pasta
- 1 medium-head Cauliflower
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 Cup milk (optional)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cup cheese (optional), grated
- Basil/ parsley leaves (for garnish)
1. Boil the pasta until al dente. Drain the water, keeping a cup of it for later use. Set aside.
2. To make the sauce, first boil cauliflower florets in water. Add salt, and pepper and stir lightly. Cover the vessel with a lid.
3. After 10-15 minutes, check whether the cauliflower is tender. If yes, drain all the water but retain 2 cups of it.
4. Transfer the florets to a blender, along with 1 cup of this cooking water.
5. In a pan with olive oil or butter, add half the chopped garlic cloves and sautee lightly until golden brown
6. Add the garlic to the blender.
7. Add a drizzle of olive oil and some milk. Blend till you get a smooth sauce. Add more cooking water in case the sauce is too coarse.
8. In the previously used saucepan, saute the remaining garlic. Pour the cauliflower sauce into it along with the seasonings of your choice.
9. Add some pasta broth and cooked pasta to the pan. Mix and close the lid for a few minutes to allow the sauce to coat the pasta.
10. Taste and add salt, oregano, paprika and other herbs to taste. Add the grated cheese and mix well.
11. Garnish the pasta with basil or parsley. You can also add toasted breadcrumbs. Serve with garlic bread.